The Anatomy of Kwaicore: The Euphoria of Kwaito.
Share on Tumblr

Monday 8 April 2013

The Euphoria of Kwaito.



Not sure what Kwaito is? Let this video help.
I do not own the rights to this video or song, no copyright infringement intended.
(Video source: YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3M-Q_uAsoA)

Dubbed "South Africa's Hip-Hop."
Kwaito is much more than that.
The urban soup in South Africa's plate,
A jazzy infant caged within a house beat.

The pantsula is an expression to the emotions felt,
The flat footed African tap-and-glide style of dance.
Girl’s asses seducing my eyes,
A bounce in my step while I walk across the floor.

The zamalek is flowing just as smooth as the music,
Alcohol encourages my feet to jive.
The DJ raises the volume,
I have found my heaven.

This is my home. iKhaya lami.

2 comments:

  1. What are the zamalek in the tird paragraph ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google say this is South Africa beer. No?

    ReplyDelete