The Anatomy of Kwaicore: What Kwaicore does to me.
Share on Tumblr

Thursday 4 April 2013

What Kwaicore does to me.


(Picture via:http://www.bakedribs.tumblr.com)

The shredded arpeggios guide my All-Stars. The raw sound of the lead guitar infiltrates my skin, it vibrates the hair on my arm to stand at attention. I inhale death growls, and exhale African rhythm. 

The combination of the fast paced treble cleft mixed in with a slowed down bass melody, the taste of Jozi flavoured townships in a mouth filled with metal. My brain traces pantsula steps on the inside of my skull, a mosh pit is created on the ground floor of my mind.

Two completely different worlds, yet so similar. Both seen as rebels, the skinny jeans belonging to Kwaito fits the waist of Hardcore Punk perfectly. The rubber toe canvas match our feet perfectly, we divert from the regular. Kwaicore makes us one, we are supreme beings.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Lyle, I must admit I have popped in a read a good number of your blogs but I have no idea how to post a response over there, so I'll tell you now how good you are at describing the stuff your at - I must admit I find it insightful to read your blogging. Keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete